Sunday, April 24, 2016

Robert Waldinger: What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness


Recently I watched Robert Waldinger's Ted Talk as part of my reading for my Fulbright experience. Because I'm looking at Full Service Extended School, a question I regularly ask myself is "What makes people content?" and I hope FSES can help achieve that.
The key seems to be relationships. The better the relationships, the more happiness. If that idea can be spread from individuals to the greater community, a content community could be created. (That's a lot of alliteration!)

My bibliography includes Triumphs of Experience: The Men of the Harvard Grant Study.
From Amazon.com: "At a time when people are living into their tenth decade, the longest longitudinal study of human development ever undertaken offers welcome news for old age: our lives evolve in our later years and often become more fulfilling. Among the surprising findings: people who do well in old age did not necessarily do so well in midlife, and vice versa."



No comments:

Post a Comment