Tuesday, May 9, 2017

London

Cue it up: London calling.

Skelekid decided to wear her jams for the plane ride and really, who can blame her? I saw people in the airport look at her enviously, but I'm not sure it was because of her comfortable apparel or her menagerie comraderie.
That hair. So awesome.

Chicky Wicky is ready to take to the skies again.

Chicky Wicky is flyin' high! Go, Chicky, go!

Chicky Wicky is probably exhausted.

London? We'd better take a traditional Black Cab.

And then stop for a burger since it's one more thing on the list of things this picky eater will consume.

"Do we have to???"
"Yes."
"But-"
"Yes."
"Bu-"
"Get on the bus."


(I need to stop thinking of life in terms of song titles.)

Off we went on a Hop-on/Hop-off tour. I will admit, Viv was super tired. I will admit, she'd been sick all week. I will admit, if I stayed in a hotel room instead of at least looking at London, I would have freaked out.

The agreement was no hopping off. We'd just ride and look, ride and look, ride and look. Viv totally fell asleep and I felt a little bad about insisting on the tour, but not bad enough to return to the hotel early.


Since London is so famously depicted in media and movies and shows, I won't bother listing all the places we saw. I'll say this: we I saw it all.



At Westminster Bridge we met a really great woman, Sadie, who we befriended when we all realized we needed to get off one bus and get on another go back to St. Paul's Cathedral, which is across the street from our hotel. Wait. Scratch that. The hotel is across the street from St. Paul's Cathedral, since the Cathedral was there first.















Skellekid is super exhausted. She napped like a rock star for about 30 minutes and was dazed, snuffling and dreaming. This is what she looks like post-nap. I offer an anticipatory apology to teenage Vivian, who will surely scowl at me when she sees this.
Sorry! I love you! Drive slowly! 







Fact.

Viv rallied for a phone booth picture! She didn't have the energy to hunt down a Tardis, though.


Can you believe this view???

Upgrade! When we checked in, they gave us a hotel room with a fantastic view and it was huge! Whoop!





No comments:

Post a Comment