Friday, July 20, 2018

Travel day

Since we were on the go so much last year, Viv understands what a Travel Day means. This trip, though, really outdid itself in messing with my internal clock. 

But here we are, over 24 hours after starting our adventures. Travel Day indeed. 


It seems like the photos are self-explanatory. Plus, I took Dramamine. So I don’t know if I’d do a good job recapping. 

Let me try:

We left NY via airplane and flew over the top of the world. I made bad jokes. Viv slept and kicked the guy sitting next to her (he was very gracious about the whole thing). Jealousy piped through me when I saw people sprawled over three seats. I wanted Viv to be that comfortable. Hindsight, though, proves hats it’s better she had to rough it a bit. That lack of comfort helps her learn that she has to keep her sense of fun even when tired and smelly and cramped. 

We landed in China this morning. I think. Morning? Yes? Who knows. Dramamine. 

Now we sit on a plane to go to Chiang Mai and I almost threw out my back patting myself for having arranged an airport pickup with the hotel. Our big plans include bathing and going to bed really early so we can get up and meet our ride to pal around with elephants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment