Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Moscow (Scotland)




Diane WhatsApp called me one day about a month ago (I think -- time is sort of fluid right now) and said she has days off from work and could come with us to Scotland for part of our trip.

via GIPHY

I mean, come on. Diane, Cristi, and Vivi the Kid careening around Scotland? Pack the bags.

My favorite kind of travel planning is being on video chat with a girlfriend while we log into our respective laptops and open tabs for Google Maps, Airbnb, and Google Trips (which, sadly, goes by the wayside soon).

We booked the ferry from Belfast to Cairnryan, Scotland and found Airbnbs along the route we wanted to see. First stop? Moscow, Scotland. Why? Hot tub. And adorable Tiny House. But mostly: hot tub.


Pod 2-Luxury Lakeside Glamping Pod With Hot Tub. Pod 2-Luxury Lakeside Glamping Pod With Hot Tub. Pod 2-Luxury Lakeside Glamping Pod With Hot Tub.

Pod 2-Luxury Lakeside Glamping Pod With Hot Tub.  Pod 2-Luxury Lakeside Glamping Pod With Hot Tub.  Pod 2-Luxury Lakeside Glamping Pod With Hot Tub.



Pod 2-Luxury Lakeside Glamping Pod With Hot Tub.  Pod 2-Luxury Lakeside Glamping Pod With Hot Tub.



Cute, right?

Here's how it looked when we were in it:



   


   

   



This is a wee hidey-hole cupboard Viv found and turned into a sleeping nest.
Please note, though, that every night of this trip, Viv would come to wherever I was asleep and say, "Mommy. Mommy?" I'd snort and stir, then she'd say, "Were you asleep?" It's why I feel like this:




 Oh, look. She's asleep. (until she senses I'm asleep)






Now that we have the cute Airbnb out of the way, let's backtrack to the morning. Viv and I stayed at the Wellington Park Hotel and we LOVE room service.
via GIPHY

Room service is different from breakfast in bed, which I detest. Crumbs in bed? No thank you. But a small table with goodies AND COFFEE? I shiver with glee.

via GIPHY


Yeah. Look who's asleep in a bed-nest.

 Do you see that shiny pot of coffee in the center of the tray? I did. And I drank it. I drank it all.


Did I mention Viv and I binge-watched Gilmore Girls this year?

 Here's another reason I love Diane and Mark. I sent a picture of our breakfast to Diane and she said Mark could not accept that Diane didn't have the same, so he made her this. Cue: awwwww.


Ten years old is the era of funny faces and funny sounds (funny to the kid). It reminds me of when a villain removes a mask because there are definitely two sides to kids this age.



Isn't this lovely? Awwww...



Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

Oh, geez. This is going to be some trip.




All WiFi information should always be this big.
 Mmmmmm...Ferry snacks.
     

  






Again, with the sleeping!









Are these flavors in the States?
  

Near the Tiny House is a wind farm with 80 miles of trails for people to walk and bike. It's massive!





  



  



















1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! Vivi is getting an education while having fun!

    ReplyDelete