Sunday, July 7, 2019

The Botanic Gardens with Poppy



Vivian attended Victoria College Prep in Belfast and became friends with Poppy, a girl who immediately welcomed Viv and continued being her friend and making her feel part of things. We gathered little gifts from America so Poppy could try things like Skittles and Twizzlers and Red Vines.

First, Viv and I stopped off at Queen's University Belfast, a place that captured my heart. I said to Viv, "you should do grad school here" and she replied, "if it's your dying wish." Um. It's not that drastic.

We walked across campus to get to the Botanic garden and with each step, I felt more and more nostalgic for Belfast and renewed my love of the city.

There are art installations highlighting the need to recycle throughout the Botanic Garden, which makes sense because there is a natural flow from Queen's to Botanic to the Ulster Museum so the pieces incorporate knowledge, nature, and art.



 



 

And then we saw Poppy!

I feel like this would make a great band name.


Belfast. The place where fences go around trees.


I predict Viv and Poppy will be sending care packages back and forth. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment