Monday, January 30, 2017

First day of school Part II

 

 

When I picked up Vivian from school, she came out of the doors smiling and waving -- what could be better? My heart soared, seeing her talking and laughing with new friends, clearly comfortable in her new surroundings.

Skipping along the sidewalk of Cranmore Park North, she told me she was nervous this morning, but as soon as she sat down at the table with the other kids, she felt fine and wasn't nervous at all.

We celebrated by going to a Spar (sort of a mini-mart) where I finally found a hair brush, then a coffee shop where Little Miss had a hot chocolate and a gingerbread man named Gino (he came with the name).

 
 


Vivian said she wanted to do a video for the blog so I told her she should tell me the questions to ask her at the start of each clip. I did not suggest questions, suggest answers, or in any way sway her. The answers surprise me more than you, I guarantee.

"What would you like the first question to be?"
"Ask me my name."
So be it.


"Make sure you speak the questions clearly, Mommy."
"Noted."

"Ask me what I think of my family."
Shudder. "Okay."

Awwwww. She wants to talk about her friends.

"Maybe people don't know what it's like to travel."

"You stopped too soon, didn't you?"
"yes."

Takeoff and landing are my favorites, too.

"They'll want to know what it's like here."

Young woman??? You're SEVEN.

Aww. Poppy is really nice.

small differences in schools

What's that noise!

Get back to business, mom.

Double decker! Like the Night Bus in Harry Potter!

Winterfell

Miss Waugh is really nice!

This kid really does talk to a lot of people. In the coffee shop today, she walked right up to a girl wearing a uniform and struck up a conversation about their schools. At the Spar store, she walked up to a younger child and made her laugh by doing silly walks.







No comments:

Post a Comment