Sunday, January 29, 2017

Squeeze



Those of you who know me, even just a little bit, know I love coffee.  Coffee freshly brewed with enough half and half to cool it is paradise. Yesterday I picked up a French Press at a charity shop on Lisburn and this morning I want to weep tears of joy.



I started humming The Candy Man, but replaced every instance of "candy" with "coffee" and pranced through the flat putting away what clothes finally dried. Others I placed on my bed since the radiator works in my room. The bed looks like the beginning of the book Left Behind; I'm standing there thinking, "oh, sure. All of you get to go."

So I skipped down the hallway for another cup, humming Black Coffee in Bed, remembering running through Madison Square Garden with Geff Elie because Squeeze opened for Depeche Mode and there were few moments better than grinning at him as we skidded to a stop, looked through the opening and all the glory of the concert was at our feet.

Coffee!

Fulbright Friend Lauren, who I think is completely rad, and I are going to IKEA this week because as awesome as the flat is, there are some things we need to make it a bit more...us.  Last night I put some things on the IKEA shopping list. We won't get it all, but here's what I realized make things a bit more cozy.





You know when you're in the shower and the shower curtain adheres to your leg and no matter how many different ways you try to get it off, it sticks and sticks and sticks? Yeah.
IKEA SALTGRUND shower curtain Densely-woven polyester fabric with water-repellent coating.
Shower curtain

SALTGRUND

£15
Grey
180x180 cm
Article no: 602.033.30






It'll be lovely stepping onto this!
Inline image 1
This thing is going to come in handy when we have company!


I was hoping to find a rug at a charity shop, but depending on IKEA prices, I may get one there.
Inline image 1

The sofas are pretty stiff and hard and uncomfortable so we need a few cushions to melt into. Currently we're using extra bedroom pillows.
IKEA TRÄDASTER cushion
Cushion

TRÄDASTER

£1
White/orange
40x40 cm
Article no: 203.048.97






We need a snuggly throw or two for the living room. We are snugglers.
IKEA VITMOSSA throw The fleece throw feels soft against your skin and can be machine washed.


Th
Throw

VITMOSSA

£1.75
Grey
120x160 cm
Article no: 903.048.89


This is the cutlery set already here, but we need more than four of each utensil for guests
IKEA FÖRNUFT 24-piece cutlery set

24-piece cutlery set

FÖRNUFT


£7.75
Stainless steel
Article no: 700.149.99












for the bathroom mirror
IKEA STUGVIK basket with suction cup Water drains easily through the holes in the bottom.
IKEA STUGVIK hook with suction cup

for drying clothes
IKEA GRUNDTAL hanger for door Covered back prevents scratching of door.IKEA JÄLL laundry bag with standIKEA HÄNGA children's coat-hanger
toothbrushes
IKEA VARIERA box with handle



Basket with suction cup

STUGVIK

£4.95
White
Article no: 502.493.8
1

No comments:

Post a Comment