Monday, April 24, 2017

Dublin

Vogue's A Perfect Weekend Away in Dublin.  I don't think we followed any of the suggestions in the article. A good reason to return?

This is the pretty view from our hotel.
Tra-la-la-la-la, we cabbed to the city to get a Hop-on/Hop-off tour BUT WAIT! That's a horse and carriage! Get out! Get out! Get out! Stop the cab! Look how pleased with ourselves we are.



Totally worth it. This tour was fantastic!

Vivi loved this door.

Christchurch
The earliest manuscript dates Christ Church Cathedral to its present location around 1030.




Huguenot Cemetery, Dublin
The smallest cemetery in Dublin.
Irish Parliament Dublin

Merrion Square




The other horse and carriage (but this one is black and white!)

We went to a mall so I could get cash. Fancy!

Grafton Street
There were live musicians on every block. What great music there was!

We at on Grafton Street -- Shepherd's Pie for me...

...and chicken goujons for Vivi.

What are the chances?? We walk along and there are graduates walking across the courtyard!


I've wanted to see this in person my whole life.

Those books. That staircase.

My daughter in The Long Room -- this was the point when I wept.



"Where's Shakespeare?"
Girl, you make me proud.

Flowers on Grafton Street.

Hazel and Arthur (on the river cruise) told us to go to St. Stephen's Green to feed the birds. Those birds were ready.

They trust adults more than children.

Oh, hey!

Sure, I'll give you some bread.

Yes, you are a pretty bird.

St. Stephen's Green on the way to the playground

Walking toward the playground

Flowers on the way to the playground

The playground!

The playground!

Fiiiiiiine.

Viking Splash Tour on a World War II amphibious vehicle

It really went in the water!

The tour was a big hit with Vivi.


 I still can't believe she ate a burger.



No comments:

Post a Comment