Thursday, April 6, 2017

Pit stop in Narnia

Thursday found me in East Belfast meeting with Chris Lyttle, MLA in the Northern Ireland Assembly for the Alliance Party.

Before I came to Belfast, I was introduced to Chris via email by Lauren, my Fulbright Friend. With a few months to read up on education issues in politics, I became familiar with his work. Here is a video of Chris asking about nursery school placements. This is a question that will be posed by American parents soon if Betsy DeVos is successful in her goal of implementing charter schools the way she wants to.


I recommend checking out his work; he is bright, passionate, enthusiastic, and is a collaborator.

You can find him via his website link, his YouTube channel, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.

CinderCristi didn't want to be late for the ball play; I looked at the clock and realized I had to dash if I wanted to make it to the last showing of Mary Poppins. Chris walked me out and showed me the best bus stop to use and highlighted where CS Lewis Square is. Bonus! I had a little time, right? Quick! Go, go, go! Don't lose a shoe! (I did trip a couple times.)

 

The Magician's Nephew starts it all -- the wardrobe made from Narnia tree wood



 

 

 Now, because I care about you (and realize how terrible at taking pictures I am), I will show you pictures from the CS Lewis Square website:

The White Witch

Mr Tumnus
The Beavers
Aslan

Pant-pant-pant. Okay. Breathless, I hopped on a bus, transferred in City Centre, got off on Lisburn Road and hightailed it to the apartment. In heels! Heels, people!

Vivi and the babysitter, Jennifer, were outside laughing their heads off. I ate a bowl of cereal faster than if I'd been in a contest, changed into boots, and we trotted off to Victoria for the last night of Mary Poppins.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment