Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Vivi the Kid

Mary Poppins - Second Performance!

There was a mishap this morning. Viv thought today was a non-uniform day, but was worried the whole walk to school that the other girls would be in uniform.

Viv wore: 

 

We saw Poppy's mom when we were pretty close to school and found out IT WAS A UNIFORM DAY. 

Cue: tears. 

The poor kid. I said we'd dash home and change because clearly it was a misunderstanding (she was convinced her teacher had said regular dress today; it was a good lesson of what to do to pick up ourselves from a misunderstanding). 

She changed while I called the school to let them know we'd be five minutes late. 

Problem solved!

By the way, when I walked her in the door tomachool, she happily trotted off. So the crisis was managed and new life lessons were learned. 

As for me, I took the bus to the office after all that running around. 

My day: work, work, work. It was awesome. 

I picked up Viv to take her to dinner between school and the play and we found a pizza shop with good pizza and a rocket salad. "What's rocket?" The waiter said, "I'll look up what they call it in America," then reported back it's Arugula. 

Huh. 

I had no idea. 

 

Thanks to all of you on Facebook who reported that it's rocket in other countries, too. It's endlessly fun hearing about these language nuances. 

After dinner we went to Viv's favorite cafe for hot chocolate made by Laura, who is not just a great girl, but an award winning barista! She won regionals in competition and now gets to compete in London and Milan! If she does well there, she competes in NYC! Yay, Laura!

 
 
Viv gave her an autograph, since she's in Mary Poppins. 

Here's the best picture from tonight's performance:
 

I'm sorry. I failed you. I'm really bad at taking pictures because I get so excited. 

To distract you from my bad pictures, here is the barn Viv made for MooMoo:

 
(Interior shot)


 
Yes. That is a pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment