Monday, March 20, 2017

Centred


At the Birmingham airport:

 




 

We're back in Belfast!
 




I got super motion sick, as usual. Motion sickness suuuuuuuucks. It was a one-two punch of airplane, then cab, and at one point I needed the cab driver to stop. Logic dictated we stop at a petrol station so I could get bread, apples, and bananas to avoid heading out to Tesco later and try to get some fresh air into my system.  We got home and I napped for about 20 minutes and still felt sick, but realized that Beauty and the Beast came out over the weekend and this was the perfect time to go.

 

So off we went and I'm glad we did.

But I'm still not completely over the motion sickness.

I just spent the last half hour looking at river cruises. That's got to be better on the boo-boo belly. A slow, meandering ride on water with no waves sounds juuuuuuust right.

Over Easter we were supposed to go around Italy for a week, but there was a whole lot of "fly here, then motor coach there" and after today I realized that would be a terrible idea. So I emailed the travel agent and am amending that plan. Italy will be good in July when we can take a train. For one week at Easter we'll be in Finland (no getting around flying there, but it's a train after the plane so that's okay), then we have another week open. I emailed a fellow Fulbrighter in the Netherlands to see about checking out some blooming bulbs together. There was a whole Tulip Mania I'd like to know more about.

I also scored tickets for us to see Romeo and Juliet at The Globe Theatre and tickets to see the Harry Potter Movie Studio (all in May for Vivi's birthday).

It looks like I'm going to have to tough out the motion sickness for a few more months because there's no way I can be this close to everything and not travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment