Monday, March 20, 2017

Owl bet you love owls




I know! So cool!

And he flew the owl right over our heads and she really was silent!

Okay...now that I got that out of my system a bit, I'll back track. 

In the morning we went on a tour of the theatre. 



It's a beautiful theatre and we got to see back stage and the he actual stage! It was set up for Antony and Cleopatra so Vivian was excited because she's been reading a lot about Cleopatra lately. 


 
Though she be but little
She is fierce

And loud. At one point I said, "what's with all the loud?" Her volume control was set on high; luckily we were outside so no windows or glass shattered. 

 
We walked to Anne Hathaway's Cottage because o wanted to walk the same path Shakespeare would have walked to woo her. He would have seen this stream!

 
This is a pretty side street just before Anne's house. 

Wait for it. 

Wait for it. 

We are turning the corner...
 




 
The gardens are beautiful and just starting to bloom; I can only imagine how pretty it will be when the woven willows bloom. 

Whaaaaaaaat?????


We walked into the children's activity tent and saw Serena! I'm not kidding! Here's proof! She's the kind of girl who is impossible not to like right away. I have a feeling she and I will see each other again. 
 

Serena is a hard act to follow, but there were Shakespeare properties to explore so we had to bid adieu to our new friend. 

Spoiler: we saw her again. 

Vivian forgot her notebook (she's a budding cartographer mapping the area and our route) so we ran back to the tent where Serena stepped outside holding the book and laughing. She's super fun! You don't know her (yet), but trust me: you like her. 

 



 
Possible wooing from Shakespeare:

"Hey, nonny, nonny."
"Hie thee hence and smooch me!"
"Yon milkshake brings all the lads to the yard."
"Shakespeare's my name, wordsmithing's my game."

 

Oh, no! Time is running out! The clock is ticking! I spent too much time wondering how much of his plays were from his Anne wooing. (Side note: "what satisfaction canst thou have tonight?" You know Anne totally burned him with that one. And that he covered for himself and was completely pleased with how he got out of looking like a dawg.)

But, quick! Get on the bus! (I really love these hop on hop off bus tours)
 

Quick! Get off the bus! It's Mary Arden's Farm. This is where Shakespeare's Mum grew up. 

 
Honk. Honk. 

 



 

Sigh. The hours pass too quickly. 

Hop on back to town. 
 
 

Goodbye for now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment