Saturday, March 18, 2017

Stratford upon Avon


We are where Shakespeare lived!

There was an outdoor market so we walked through and got breakfast/lunch; Vivi had another gigantic hot dog and I had sausage and egg on a bap. 
 

But I didn't get to use one of these mugs I fell in love with. 
 

Hahahahaha!  


 



Okay...you realize I just stepped where SHAKESPEARE would have stepped, right? RIGHT?!?

Hang on. I need to find a paper bag to breathe into because I'm still hyperventilating. 

 

Is this MY KID (and her chicken) sitting where SHAKESPEARE would have walked? YES IT IS. 


Hang on...I need the paper bag again. 
 






 




 

 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

Shakespeare would have seen this same exact view!!

 

There was an area where Vivi was able to write with a quill pen and ink. 
 We met Serena, a lovely woman who just started there and she was wonderful about letting Vivi explore with writing. 
 


I publicly declare my love for this man:
 


We went to the school Shakespeare attended - it's still in use!

For hundreds of years, students have carved their names in desks. 
 

Wasn't me:
 

There was an actor who played a headmaster and gave us great background information about education at that time. 




Shakespeare would have looked out this window!
He'd have looked at our hotel!
 

Vivi got to write at desks still used today. 
 

Wee headmaster:
 

This is the church Shakespeare would have attended. 
 


Hang on. We just saw a lot. We'd better stop for tea. 
 

Then we went to Shakespeare's birthplace. His birthplace! Where he lived! Where he grew up! And I was there!

 

 


Shakespeare's view. And now, Cristi's view:
 

He turned it into an in after his father died. 
 

Actors playing spontaneous Shakespeare:





They were marvelous! They'd ask for requests and I'd call out play after play after play. It was a dream come true!





No comments:

Post a Comment