Sunday, March 12, 2017

Daylight Savings Time (US version)

People in Pennsylvania and New York are only four hours behind! Thanks, Daylight Savings! (but I do feel sad for all of you losing an hour. Think of it this way...you're supposed to get hammered by a winter storm Tuesday-Wednesday so you'll be able to sleep in and have a snow day and work from home and have enough snow to make snow villages and cross country ski around the neighborhood and maybe even have your horses pull your sleds for you.)

Today my eyes are a bit better. Hooray! We did some usual housekeeping this morning (laundry, laundry, laundry) and cleaned up Viv's weekend sleep den. She likes to make a fort under the "kitchen" table on Friday night and make a nest on the sofa on Saturday night.

Since we missed the play yesterday, I told Viv we could go see the movie Sing because we haven't been to the movies here.

Behold!



The theatre door opens to a little entryway, like a submarine. So one door closed behind us, then we opened the next door. How smart! No more light coming in the theatre when people enter!


Ooooooh. Stadium seating.
 



From the movie, we went to the Botanic Garden to meet Chris and Rob. Let's pause for "Feed the Birds" (Viv is excited about her school production of Mary Poppins.) First Viv started hanging with the pigeons, then several kids took up the cause. Poor pigeons.


Viv waited on line and paid for her ice cream at the ice cream truck all my herself (with three adults keenly aware) and she felt very independent.

Here she is with ice cream mouth.

And Rob and Chris!


 

We went from there to Wellington Park Hotel and along the way Vivian saw a rainbow -- as we were passing the rainbow Computer Science building. Pretty!
Can you see the rainbow?

What? Are you seeing this correctly? Yes! You are! That's Chris! In a grocery store! I love this beyond reason. This is one of my new favorite things and crazy fun. You know I'm going to look in every single store I go in to see if I can find it. Chris!



 
Midge gave Viv this bag back in PA and said it would come in handy in Belfast. She was right! I pretty much took it from her. Not pretty much. I did. I took the bag from the kid.  It's one of those bags that folds up into it's own pocket and I use it all the time because there is a cost for every bag here. It's so much easier to just toss this in my bag or backpack and have it handy whenever we stop for something. On the way home tonight we stopped at the Spar to pick up apples for Viv's lunch and I also got milk and grapes and orange juice and that bag came in handy. High five, Midge!







No comments:

Post a Comment