Thursday, March 9, 2017

Young Leaders United Kingdom reception

Image result for us embassy london logo
YLUK Reception in Belfast

Chargé d'affaires Lew Lukens attends a YLUK (Young Leaders United Kingdom) reception hosted by Northern Ireland Consul General Dan Lawton, 6 March 2017.



It feels like there should be dramatic music behind this.
Lewis Lukens  is ChargĂ© d’Affaires ad interim at the U.S. Embassy in London

Apparently this is the look on my face when I'm having one of the best moments of my life.

Daniel Lawton is a wonderful host!

See the woman standing to my left? She just happened to be the first person I walked up to that evening and I loved every second I got to talk with her. She works with Save the Children and is passionate about her work. Also, she just got married (at Beflast City Hall!)! This was her first day back to work after her honeymoon.

This is my version of "tree pose".

It's Jason Olsen, fellow Fulbrighter! (and he's really funny)

I could have talked to her all night!

I'm talking with Paula Hawkins, who hosted.

Paula Hawkins is a fantastic host who made some delicious Guinness cakes for dessert.


To see the full album on Flickr, go to:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/usembassylondon/sets/72157679529779600/with/32516545143/

No comments:

Post a Comment