Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday

Image result for umbrella
foreshadowing


Here was my inner dialogue this morning:
"...and then I'm going to the office and it's going to be so great!"
"...maybe I'll stop and top up Viv's bus pass on the way to the office."
"...oh! I can top up the gas card while I'm topping up the bus pass."
"...I should probably get some more stamps, too."
"...this is going to be so great!"

Image result for belfast rain

Image result for belfast rain

Image result for belfast rain

Okay...I'll admit those are a bit hyperbolic (and not my pictures), but the walk to and from school wasn't exactly this, either:

Image result for belfast rain

As I squish-squish-squished walking along Marlborough Park South, I reconstructed my schedule. New plan: work from the apartment.

This is the main reason for the decision: leaky boots.

 

Still, it's no reason not to celebrate rain because I wouldn't be on the Emerald Isle if rain didn't make it so.

This playlist should help you get into a rainy mood.

Drippy umbrellas and boots got set aside to try as soon as I got back to the apartment, then I vroooomed around with the Hoover. That done, I cleaned up breakfast dishes, put away laundry, and started thinking about Hyperbole and a Half (which I do frequently).


As I Hoovered over by the sliding glass door, I saw these lovely flowers on the at the door. What a fantastic surprise! Thank you, Nice Person who made my morning wonderful!

 
At first I thought I'd go to the office once the rain stopped, then I checked my weather app and as it opened I heard mocking laughter:
 

So today will be website work and journal article reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment