Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Headline: Fluid in the ear halts everything

Last night Vivian woke up crying about her ear hurting so I brought her to the doctor today. This thrilled her because she didn't have to go to school, because she did get to go on a bus, and because so long as she has Tylenol or ibuprofen in her system, she is okay.

All the work I planned for today. Scrapped.

The plus side? Random snuggle day!

I will admit I keep giving work the side-eye like Lucille from Arrested Development:

Image result for lucille bluth quotes

I figure I can make up the time this weekend since we won't be going to Paris. The doctor says no flying (or swimming) for a couple weeks. We're flying to Amsterdam April 9 for a river cruise:
AMSTERDAM - ALPHEN ON THE RHINE - GOUDA - ROTTERDAM - AMSTERDAM

Then we'll take a train to Rotterdam to stay with Vanessa, another Fulbrighter, and hopefully get together with two additional Fulbrighters, Al and Tom.

From Rotterdam we'll take a train to Brussels to see Tiffany (yeah...you guessed it...another Fulbrighter) and fly from Brussels to Dublin.

As of today I look at all our travel in terms of flights and fluid in ears.

Steve Martin helped me figure out how I'll impress Vivian this summer with awesome diving moves.


High five!











No comments:

Post a Comment