Thursday, March 16, 2017

It's Friday!




Oh.

Wait.

It's not Friday.

It sure does feel like Friday, though!

Vivi has a four day weekend so we are going to Stratford-upon-Avon tomorrow (of course we are. The birthplace of Shakespeare? Yeah. We're going.)

Before we left America for Belfast, Vivi had an ear infection and took antibiotics. The doctor in Beflast said she still had some fluid in her ears so it was best not to fly until the fluid was taken care of. So we waited the minimum six weeks and since the flight to Birmingham is short, we shouldn't go really, really high up so the pressure shouldn't be as bad as a trans-Atlantic flight.  Regardless, I have Benedryl for her.

This evening I took Viv to Eddie Rockets as a kick-off to the four day weekend and one of her friends from school was there so Viv got all wired from that event; we got home and had to get packed and now I'm beat.

I'll give a quick run-down of the day, though.

This morning I met with Dr. Ian Humphreys, the CEO of Eco-Schools NI.  I'd reached out to Dr. Humphreys last fall and was eager to hear what he had to say about the program and I was as impressed as I knew I would be.




I'm looking forward to auditing a course they are running at Queen's and discovering more about how I can implement this in Lehighton. At one point during our meeting, I had to pull out my notebook so I could scribble notes because there was so much useful information, I didn't want to forget any of it.

On the bus back to the City Centre, I saw one of the billboards he'd talked about during our meeting!



I'm not going to discuss much about the meeting because I want to digest what I learned and investigate more before I formulate any real plans and share them with you all.

So I'll segue...I got glasses!


Oh, so that's what everything looks like! I'd been using cheaters for reading, but since I've been here I felt like things in the distance were blurry. Wow! I walked out of the office and could SEE the hills in the distance! And signs! I could see signs! It's so great I got them before heading off to Stratford-upon-Avon because I will want to see everything there!



(I can't get this song out of my head. I had a huge crush on John Denver my entire childhood and was convinced I'd marry him on a mountaintop we'd ridden up on horses. Then I read his autobiography, realized he was a jerk, and was crushed by my crush. Great song, though.)







No comments:

Post a Comment