Friday, February 10, 2017

Grand Early Valentine

23 December 1895
The Grand Opera House, Belfast opened its doors and only had to wait until 2017 for Vivian Marchetti to enter its doors for Scottish Ballet's Hansel & Gretel. I'm not sure if the YouTube video will load since I'm in the UK, but let's try! Click here!


But let's back up to earlier in the day. Since Victoria Prep is on half term holiday next week, the Valentine's Event was today and it was really fun! The Great Hall was festooned with pink and red and girls made crafts and decorated biscuits (cookies) and participated in activities and there was good coffee for the grown ups.

 

 

I walked to Victoria Prep at about 10:30 in the morning and encountered this weather:



Which earned this face from me:
 

wee ice!


for real ice:


These are the political signs posted around Belfast. Let me know if you're interested in what's happening here politically and I'll post on that; otherwise I'll just show you the signs, which I think are fascinating because they are all the same template: headshot and party.
 
 


At Victoria, I got to meet a lot of parents and teachers as well as the headmistress of the Prep and all of them were lovely. I had a question about keeping Viv in school through June and quick-as-a-wink it was settled. I had a question about Viv getting in the STEM club and quick-as-a-wink it was settled.

Look at these great pictures of the classes!

 


Valentine's face paint:
 


Bill is still here -- here's proof:

 

In honor of the ballet, Vivian made a ballerina dress for bunny:





No comments:

Post a Comment