Saturday, February 25, 2017

Tour - Take 2

With a visitor in town, it was time for the hop-on/hop-off bus tour of Belfast!


In the morning, the sun was out and I saw these pretty bloomers:


We went to breakfast at a place called Maggie Mays and had super yummy lunches. I had a chicken and mushroom pie that was sort of like chicken pot pie. Viv, per usual, had chicken goujons.  I just looked up "goujons" and it means small edible. Makes sense.
 

 
 

I've walked by the BBC building I-don't-know-how-many times, but never saw this. It looks like it used to be a water fountain, but I could totally be wrong.

Hey! The bus tour!

I didn't get a good view of this mural on the first bus tour, so I was glad to get a better sight of it this time.
 

Stormont as the weather turns. A metaphor? When I talk to people here, they seem so casual when they say, "oh, the government collapsed." And I'm thinking they must mean collapsed like a stumble or scuff. But, no. They mean collapse. Once again, I turn to the BBC for clarification. If Direct Rule ends up being a reality, there are complicated ramifications, not the least of which is what's happening with Brexit.


We hopped off at St. George's Market where Viv was duly impressed by the fresh fish -- fresh from the Atlantic Ocean!

and I realized she'd never seen actual crabs before


This duo played all music I like!



We hopped back on the bus and James noticed these poles with wires heading in all directions.
 

and we saw TK Maxx (in the States it's TJ Maxx)
 

And we laughed about "Pound World" where everything is a pound. Hee! it's funny if using the American "pound" which is usually a sibling punching another sibling.
 

How I have I not noticed this before??


We cut through the Botanic Garden where I was happy to make a bad joke about this tree pining to be free.
 

and every time I walk by this fence that goes around the tree, I smile. Nature wins!
 

Oh, my God...look at this sign. omg...ohmg.


Vivi got a handmade tic-tac-toe game at St. George's Market and on the walk home I saw this x and o fence. Coincidence? I doubt it. I think it foretells I'm going to totally win games against my seven-year-old.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment