Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Wow!

Right now I'm feeling like one of those people who go on a talk show and get an amazing, life-changing makeover.

(This is a reception, not a ball, but I'm so excited that it may as well be a ball.) 

I immediately messaged Jennifer, who babysits, to line up child care so I can go. To the ball. Like CinderCristi. 

Let me back up to last night. I FaceTimed with my principal and the school board and it was hilarious that I think they could all see me, but I could only see my principal. And it was after midnight my time so I was super tired. It's always been early beds for this girl, but I tried my best to stay awake. About 30 minutes prior to my alarm, I fell asleep. Luckily I set three alarms. I'm pretty sure I rubbed my eyes like a wee baby the whole time. Hopefully I didn't embarrass myself too badly. 

This morning Vivi was excited to get to school for the second day of World Book Week, which is an awesomely big deal here and really fun. Today an author/illustrator, Paul Howard, was reading and signing copies of his book! Plus today was swimming!

There was a bit of snow - check out how pretty the mountains look with their white blanket:

 

Food here is fresh and preservatives aren't used like they are in the States so I stop at Tesco regularly. Mostly I've eaten salad for dinners, but there was a chicken on sale and a package of root vegetables so I couldn't resist. 

Guess how much the chicken cost. 




No!



Guess again!





No! Even better!




I'm serious!



Can you believe:

 

I know!!!

 

The "after":

 

And it was one of the best meals I've ever tasted. 




No comments:

Post a Comment