Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday

If you search "Saturday" on YouTube, this comes up:

and it is listed as "the party song to end all party songs" so it clearly matches my Saturday morning of partying with a cup of coffee and grant applications. Wooooooo!

But the real, actual fun begins at 11:00 when I'm meeting up with people for lunch.




How great is that???

---

We just got back from breakfast (and probably lunch since there were such plentiful helpings) and what a treat it was! Jill and Bob are the kind of people I always enjoy meeting - warm, friendly, interesting, bright, knowledgeable, and engaged with he world around them. I hope to see them much more often!

We got together at the "American" diner. 

 
 
 
 

Two hours went by too quickly so I know I want to visit with them more because I have a feeling we'd never run out of conversation. 

On the walk back to the apartment, I asked Vivi how she likes walking and she replied, "I rather enjoy it." 
---

Brief interlude!
We are back at the apartment getting freshened up for the birthday party. 

---

Aaaand I'm back. The birthday party was really fun - the girls made pizzas and chocolate mousse and got to pal around while I got to talk with mom's about clubs and kid-centric details that had eluded me to this point. 

 

 

While she cooked, I went to a store to get a knife so I can cut things with something other than a bread knife. To celebrate, I made a salad that Visitor Billand I devoured. He spent the day at the Titanic museum, Ulster Museum, City Centre, and University Quarter. 

Tomorrow we take the train to Londonderry/Derry and stray over there. It's supposed to be a gorgeous view along the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment