Monday, February 20, 2017

Office scavenger hunt

Last night Vivian got into her pajamas, then emerged from her room about an hour later dressed completely in her school uniform and said she couldn't find her tie. It was apparent she was ready to go back to school and see all her new friends and today is the first day she'll get to participate in the STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) Club after school.

It's a gorgeous day and I noticed all the plants are starting to bloom and my eyes are itchy so maybe it's allergies that has Viv feeling slightly under the weather. Let the allergy meds begin!

After I dropped off Vivian and worked out the registration for clubs at her school, I headed up to Queen's. Along the way I stopped and got daffodils for all the ladies who helped me last week and had a lovely time stopping to see them again.

Then the real adventure began.  I had an office number
01.1007
and address
2 College Park East
so I forged ahead ready to get to work.

I found College Park by going to the office of Education and Social Sciences and the receptionist said, "go straight down there, then go through the mahogany foyer."


"Mahogany Foyer" sounded oddly specific, but I shrugged and headed off...




Yep. That really is a Mahogany Foyer. They aren't kidding.

I went up stairs and down stairs and poked around stairs and peeked in doorways and cupboards beneath stairs and couldn't find the office number.

I opened a random door and there was a lovely woman, Aisling, who is friends with my friend Chris! We looked together for the office, to no avail, but I got to meet her, so an adventure was underway. Each person I talked to said, "oh, you're with the boys" or "oh, you're with the guys. They're up there, but I'm not sure where, exactly."

Finally, I opened another door and the man sitting at a desk looked up and realized who I am and I was thrilled to be in the right place. One of the guys! And he showed me that I was looking at the wrong number on doors. The blue sign is an old numbering system. The new numbering system is the red circle -- that is located in the small top-right corner of the door. Small.



Here it is! The actual office!

But I can't log on to the computer.
And I can't access the wifi.
So back to the apartment I go so I can do work.



It was worth the labyrinth! 









No comments:

Post a Comment