Monday, February 13, 2017

You spend me right round


For getting work done, it's always nice to have natural light, so the table is now by the big windows. We use the table much more now because when it was in the wee alcove, it was too cramped to pull out chairs and maneuver around to the back. Now, though, it's functional and useful. Yay!




Since I've been here a couple weeks, I've been able to figure out things like banking and phones. PNC bank charges for international card use so I'm going to get cash from atm machines instead of using my debit card. Because I blog from my phone, I needed a smart phone with a UK number so I went to Vodafone and was ecstatic to discover how reasonable their prices are. I'm on a month-to-month plan with a Droid so I can use all my apps and keep up with blogging while I'm on the go. Huzzah!

The phone is a great solution because when I have a quick call with someone as I'm walking around Belfast, I can still access my Google docs, which is where I keep everything.

These are the clubs offered at Victoria:

Vivi is thrilled there is a science club, so she'll go to the STEM club on Mondays.
Tuesdays = African Drumming
Wednesdays = she will go to the MoonWinks Drama Classes if there is still space
Thursdays = Craft Club
Fridays = Miniversity

Today - a train to Derry/Londonderry; it is reported to be one of the most beautiful train rides in the world.

 
Vivi watching herself on the tv in the station. 




 
It's not Platform 9 3/4, but we are excited to be here. 

 
 

 
 
 It's a 2 1/2 hour train ride and there is beautiful scenery. Granted, there is a pretty heavy diesel smell from the train, but with comfortable seats and a table, I figure I'll take a bit of an odor. 

 

Every bit of water we passed caused Bill to wonder if there are fish in it, while I wondered how far people had to lug water in buckets before plumbing. 

 

 
 
 

Our hotel is inside the city walls. 

 



Tonight we will hear some music... 
 

But first...food!
 
 
And I got the Beef in Guinness pie. 
 

I tried a wee Guinness. 
 
I still do.l not like beer. At all. 

 
Almost all kid meals come with ice cream. Viv is a big fan. 

The view from our room:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment